Frequently asked questions
Am I currently able to fly to Miami?
Our Covid-19 Travel Advisor has everything from in-depth info on travel advice reports to the latest quarantine regulations. Be sure to check it out before locking in your flight to Miami.
If I am not able to travel because of COVID-19, can I change or cancel?
Before making a booking, check your preferred carrier’s terms and conditions. This should help answer any questions regarding COVID-19 and changes to your flight. For further details, click through to our Customer Service Portal.
Which airlines fly to Miami?
You can choose from 4 airlines that fly into Miami Intl. Airport (MIA), the most popular airport in the city. With all that choice, you’re bound to walk away with an awesome deal. Here are some of the major international carriers that’ll get you to Miami — and then exploring every corner of this city:
- American Airlines - 1,841 flights to Miami per month
- Copa Airlines - 105 flights to Miami per month
- LATAM Airlines - 86 flights to Miami per month
What is the best airport to fly to in Miami?
Hop on a flight to Miami Intl. Airport (MIA) and get set to discover the sights of this city. The airport is around 6 miles west of the downtown area. Also research fares to Fort Lauderdale - Hollywood Intl. Airport (FLL), another terminal that services Miami.
How much is a flight to Miami?
Loads of excellent deals were up for the taking this week, with round-trip flights to Miami fluctuating between $62 and $208. But it was jet-setters beginning their trip from Phoenix (PHX) who bagged the biggest bargains. One-way fares to Miami started at just $31.
How to book the cheapest flight to Miami?
Picking up cheap flights to Miami is as easy as booking your ticket with Orbitz. But if you’re eager to make sure you’re getting the best flight deals around, here are some tips to keep your wallet happy:
- Consider taking off from or landing at alternative airports to save cash. Enter your preferred departure and arrival points in the form fields, then click on the ‘Nearby airports’ function below. It will show you any available options.
- If your travel plans aren’t set in stone, click on the ‘Show flexible dates’ link to view the flight deals for different departure dates. You may find an even better fare.
- Hit ‘Show options’ to narrow down your search results. You can pick your preferred seating class and airline here. Under ‘Sort & Filter’ to the left, you can even select whether you’d like to fly in the morning, afternoon or evening.
- Book your fare as soon as you know your travel dates. While it does happen occasionally, flights rarely get more affordable as your departure date nears.
- Think about combining your flights, hotels and car rental into a package deal with Orbitz to stretch your budget even further.
- Flying during busier seasons often means higher airfares. Try to vacation outside of popular dates, such as Thanksgiving, New Year’s Eve and Easter.
How long is a flight to Miami?
Of course, flight times vary depending on where you’re taking off from. But to give you a better idea of the average duration, cast your eye over these major routes to Miami:
- New York, NY (JFK-John F. Kennedy Intl.) to Miami Intl. Airport (MIA) - 3 hours and 7 minutes
- Atlanta, GA (ATL-Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta Intl.) to Miami Intl. Airport (MIA) - 1 hour and 54 minutes
- New York, NY (LGA-LaGuardia) to Miami Intl. Airport (MIA) - 3 hours and 6 minutes
What is the best time to book a flight to Miami?
Book in January, February or August for the most competitive fares to Miami. Once you’ve found a bargain, snap it up — cheap flights tend to appear and vanish in the click of a mouse.
What day of the week is the cheapest to book a flight to Miami?
To score a great flight deal, make a booking on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Saturday. Usually, these are the cheapest days of the week to book flights to Miami.
What is the cheapest day of the week to fly to Miami?
According to Orbitz data from 2020, you’ll want to hop on a plane on a Monday to nab cheap flights to Miami. Next cheapest day? Tuesday. Saturday will set you back the most. So, consider leaving early in the week if you’d love to book a wallet-friendly fare without paying premium prices.
What is the cheapest month to fly to Miami?
Jet off sometime in August if you’re on a budget. Orbitz data shows that this is generally the best month for cheap flights to Miami. June is when prices really go up.
Which airlines allow free cancellation?
Orbitz makes it a cinch to find airlines offering fare flexibility. Simply choose “Filter by flexible change policies” when searching for your flights and bada bing, bada boom! You’ll see options that include free cancellation within 24 hours of booking, no change fees and of course, an irresistible low price.
What do I need for the flight to Miami?
Flying doesn’t have to be a drag. In fact it can be a joy with a bit of pre-planning! Make your trip a relaxing one with these handy hints:
- Before you step foot on the plane, you’ll need to show proof of identification, such as your passport. You’ll also need your ticket. If you’re traveling with the kids, check with your airline about which documents they require — if any.
- To keep you entertained on the short trip to Miami, download your favorite tracks or stock up the audiobook library on your phone. Food can also be a delicious distraction while in the air, so pack a snack.
- It can get very cool on the plane. If you don’t like the thought of shivering your way through the flight, wear an extra layer.
How many direct flights are there to Miami?
Your next thrilling adventure is just one easy plane trip away, with 1,068 direct flights to Miami each month. Search for your ideal flight with Orbitz and snap up a terrific deal with American Airlines, Spirit Airlines or Delta Air Lines. Other sought-after carriers that provide nonstop services include Southwest Airlines, United Airlines and JetBlue Airways.
How do I get cheap first-class/business deals to Miami?
Savvy travelers have a way of finding first or business-class airfares to Miami without the eye-watering price tag. Take a leaf out of their book with these practical tips:
- Be flexible with your travel dates and wait for deals on first or business-class airfares.
- Budget airlines offer first or business-class seats at more affordable prices. Skip the full-service carriers and look into these cheaper options.
- Bid for an upgrade in online auctions (if available) or upgrade your fare through your loyalty program.
What is the best time to go to Miami?
Miami is a busy place in . If you plan to head there during these months, it may be an idea to book well in advance to ensure you snap up the greatest deals. Curious to know what the summertime’s like in Miami? Average daily temperatures normally range between 80undefined and 85undefined. Like most places in the Northern Hemisphere, summer starts June 20 here.
Travel tips for Miami
- There are interesting attractions dotted across this vibrant city. If you’re staying around the center, put on your walking shoes and meander over to Vizcaya Museum and Gardens.
- You’ll find other great sights to cross off your list within an easy drive of town. Book a car rental, jump into the driver’s seat and cruise out to Hard Rock Stadium.
- When it’s time to discover more of the wonders of Miami-Dade County, fill up the gas tank and road-trip it to Florida City. One of the region’s other main cities, the possibilities for fun are infinite here.