Frequently asked questions
Am I currently able to fly to Bangkok?
Before you book your seat, take a look at our Covid-19 Travel Advisor. This page contains all you need to know about current travel advice, quarantine policies and other vital information for your flight to Bangkok.
If I am not able to travel because of COVID-19, can I change or cancel?
For information regarding altering flights due to COVID-19, head over to our Customer Service Portal. Also, it’s always a wise move to scan through your carrier’s terms and conditions before you make a booking.
Which airlines fly to Bangkok?
With 2 airlines to select from, finding the ideal flight to fit your itinerary and budget should be a piece of cake. Suvarnabhumi Intl. Airport (BKK) is a major gateway to Bangkok and where you’ll likely be disembarking. These well-known international airlines will take you there:
- Thai Airways - 715 flights to Bangkok per month
- Thai Vietjet Air - 372 flights to Bangkok per month
- Thai Smile - 286 flights to Bangkok per month
What is the best airport to fly to in Bangkok?
Search for flights to Don Mueang Intl. Airport (DMK) and get set to discover the sights and sounds of this city. The airport is around 13 miles north of the center of town. Also take a look at the price of flights to Suvarnabhumi Intl. Airport (BKK), which is another way to reach Bangkok.
How much is a flight to Bangkok?
If you’re hunting down a round-trip flight, airfares fluctuated from $695 to $1,128 this past week. The most affordable one-way ticket was $440, originating from London (STN).
How to book the cheapest flight to Bangkok?
Landing cheap flights to Bangkok is as easy as booking with Orbitz. But if you’d love to make sure you’re nabbing the best flight deals around, here are a few tips your budget will love:
- Taking off from or arriving at nearby airports may save you money. Enter your preferred departure and arrival points. Next, click on the ‘Nearby airports’ function below the form fields to compare your options.
- Also, click on the ‘Show flexible dates’ link to compare the airfares on days either side of your chosen departure. It’s possible to pick up cheaper flight deals if you’re flexible with your dates.
- You can also use the ‘Show options’ function to filter results for your preferred carrier, seating class, and nonstop and refundable flights. Under ‘Sort & Filter’ to the left, you can even pick the time of day you’d like to fly.
- Reserve your seat as soon as you’ve sorted your travel dates. While it does happen now and then, airline tickets rarely fall in price as your date of departure gets closer.
- Bundle your flights, hotels and car rentals into a money-saving package deal. Save your dollars for things that really excite you, like discovering every corner of Bangkok.
- Don’t fly during peak seasons if you can. By avoiding summer and school vacations, you can save a significant amount on your airfare.
How long is a flight to Bangkok?
Where you jet off from will largely determine the length of time it will take to fly to Bangkok. Some of the most popular domestic routes and average flight times are listed below:
- Chiang Mai (CNX-Chiang Mai Intl.) to Don Mueang Intl. Airport (DMK) - 1 hour and 11 minutes
- Hat Yai (HDY-Hat Yai Intl.) to Don Mueang Intl. Airport (DMK) - 1 hour and 25 minutes
- Phuket (HKT-Phuket Intl.) to Don Mueang Intl. Airport (DMK) - 1 hour and 23 minutes
What is the best time to book a flight to Bangkok?
Generally speaking, the cheapest time to purchase a plane ticket is in January. This is followed by February then August. When seeking a cheap flight to Bangkok, it’s worth being ready to book. Cheap deals appear in an instant and don’t hang around!
What day of the week is the cheapest to book a flight to Bangkok?
Typically, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays are the cheapest days to book a flight to Bangkok. If you’re after the best airfares, search across those days and you just might pick up a terrific flight deal.
What is the cheapest day of the week to fly to Bangkok?
According to Orbitz data from 2020, Monday is normally the best day of the week for cheap flights to Bangkok. Tuesday also offers budget-friendly fares whereas Saturday has the highest ticket rates. Even though leaving at the weekend can be more suitable, you’ll have more money in your pocket to play with if you fly out at the start of the week.
What is the cheapest month to fly to Bangkok?
Consider traveling sometime in August if you’re sticking to a budget. Orbitz data has found that it’s generally the best month for cheap flights to Bangkok. June is when prices really go up.
Which airlines allow free cancellation?
Orbitz makes it a piece of cake to find airlines that offer flexibility. Simply choose “Filter by flexible change policies” when searching for your flights and bada bing! You’ll see options that include free cancellation, no change fees and of course, the very best price.
What do I need for the flight to Bangkok?
A long-haul journey can seem daunting, but it’s nothing a little preparation can’t solve. We’ve put together our top suggestions to make sure your journey is as stress-free as possible:
- You’ll need to present photo identification such as a current passport. To avoid confusion during check-in, make sure you book your flights under the same name as your government-issued ID. It’s worth having electronic copies of your travel documents too, just to be safe!
- Bring some extra entertainment for your long trip to Bangkok. If you’re tired of watching movies, give your eyes a much-needed rest from all that screen time and get stuck into a book.
- Long-haul voyages can get seriously cold, especially if you’re flying overnight. If you prefer not to curl up to a stranger for warmth, pack a jacket and some wool socks.
How many direct flights are there to Bangkok?
Currently, there are 633 direct flights each month to Bangkok. When it comes to airlines that will fly you there, you have loads of options. Thai AirAsia, Nok Air and Thai Lion Air are among the most sought-after. AirAsia, Indonesia AirAsia and Malindo Air are some other dependable carriers that offer nonstop services.
How do I get cheap first-class/business deals to Bangkok?
There are ways of booking business or first-class tickets to Bangkok that won’t burn through your wallet. Snap up a seat in the pointy end of the plane for less with these handy hints:
- Flexibility isn’t just useful in the gym. Leave some room to move around your travel dates so you can pick up cheaper airfares when they crop up.
- Low-cost airlines offer first or business-class seating at a fraction of the normal price. Ditch the full-service carriers and check out these cheaper options.
- Take advantage of your airline’s flight rewards program and use points to upgrade your seat. You can also bid for an upgrade in an online auction if available.
How to get into Bangkok from the airport?
Driving is one option. Budget, Thrifty Car Rental and Avis are three car rental agencies located at Don Mueang Intl. Airport (DMK). Once you’ve collected a Don Mueang Intl. Airport (DMK) car rental, you can zoom directly from DMK airport to downtown Bangkok, roughly 13 miles to the south. Alternatively, if you’re planning to rent a set of wheels from the city center, browse our Bangkok car rentals.
What is the best time to go to Bangkok?
Anytime is an awesome time to visit Bangkok, but are the busiest months. As with most places in the Northern Hemisphere, summertime commences June 20. If you’d sooner spend most of your days in a short-sleeved top than a big winter jacket, this time of year may be perfect for you. Expect average daytime highs of 90undefined and nighttime lows around 80undefined.
Travel tips for Bangkok
- Kick things off in the downtown area and enjoy a walking tour of a few of the city’s leading attractions. Grand Palace and Wat Pho are favorites with tourists.
- If you’re up for a nice little day trip, there are more sights waiting to dazzle you a short commute out of town. Discover why Wat Arun and Chatuchak Weekend Market are on the bucket lists of most Bangkok adventurers.
- Get behind the steering wheel and discover what else makes Thailand a tourist hit. Lock in a car rental with Orbitz and experience the wonders of two other well-known cities — Kanchanaburi and Rayong.